Sunday, August 1, 2010

the Big Give that keeps on giving


So Folks, I hope I've inspired you! I hope I've made you consider the contributions of moms all around the world, and perhaps would consider their plight as a major concern politically, socially, and ethically.
A few days after my big give my Dad offered,
"Is there something I can do to support your cause?" I responded suggesting that he could buy some outdated absorbable sutures of Ebay and I could add them to my collection of supplies to bring to Manilla.

If any of YOU would like to going in the "Big Give that just keeps giving" you could:

-bake cupcakes for a young mom that you know or consider spending your day off to go to the beach or the park with her and her kids.

- donate money to start up a new birthing center in the Philippines by visiting
http://www.mercyinaction.com/about-mercy-in-action/
and click on "donate".

-Or you could send any of the following supplies
-gloves (sterile and non-sterile)
-cord clamps
-vitamins (prenatal, multivitamins and iron)
-chux underpads
-absorbable sutures
-lubricating (KY) jelly
-syringes (1 and 3 cc)
-Goldenseal capsules
-antibiotic ointment

To:
Mercy in Action
Box 30714
Puerto Galera, Oriental Mindoro
5203 Philippines

Thanks for riding with me!

Meg

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Meg! This looks grand! We'll be in touch once judging starts ;)

    ReplyDelete